Saturday, August 11, 2007

pretty pink washcloths

I had big plans in the spring to do lots of knitting. Remember these dresses for the girls? Well, I worked and worked on Elle's until June but then just lost interest in it. Just last weekend I finally finished knitting the tank part of her dress and now need to sew up the seams and make the skirt. Elle should be able to wear it for awhile as it seems plenty big enough and Ava will for sure get many wears out of it in a few years. I will not be making one in her size like originally planned.

I decided to make washcloths for the girls to use at bathtime with the rest of the pink cotton yarn. I love the yarn and washcloths are easy, quick projects that I can start and stop easily. I'm happy with the way they are turning out though I do have to say I don't think I've dropped so many stitches on a project before! That first washcloth took way longer than it should have because I had to keep fixing mistakes. The second one is half done now though and I haven't dropped a stitch yet.


Ava was around when I took the photo above and I couldn't resist a shot of such sweet little baby toes.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

mom pleas teach me to link

Anonymous said...

I have trouble getting my washcloths to lay flat. Have you ever had this problem?

Also, I gave you an award! Come look!

beki said...

Cute! I may need to investigate these. My first knitting project is a scarf that is taking me forever. I need quick and easy.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Love those washcloths and who can resist those little feet. I'm not too far from you. Just a skip and a jump over in ND.

Darcy said...

Singforhim,

I'm still learning to knit myself. This is only the 4th washcloth I've made so not a lot of experience. I haven't had this problem before but my edges are definately not as neat as they should be and the corners on my cast on row curl a little. I think because I cast on too tight maybe.

BTW, thank you so much for passing on the nice award to me! :)