Tuesday, July 01, 2008

his and her drinks

The Manly Drink - Long Island Tea
3/4 oz gin
3/4 oz light rum
3/4 oz vodka
3/4 oz tequila
3/4 oz Cointreau
Coke or Pepsi
Lime


Fill a tall glass with ice. Combine all ingredients in glass and then fill the rest of the way full with Coke or Pepsi. Stir and garnish with lime juice and a lime wedge.

The Girly Drink - Blackberry Brandy Slush
9 cups water
2 cups sugar
1 (12 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate
1 (12 oz) frozen grape juice concentrate
2 cups blackberry brandy

Bring water and sugar to a boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool. Add lemonade and grape juice concentrates and brandy. Freeze for at least 8 hours. Serve by filling a glass 3/4 full of the slush mixture and then top off with Squirt.

Enjoy on the porch with your sweetie after you put the kids to bed. If you live in Minnesota be sure to remember a healthy spraying of Deep Woods Off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink or blue?

Jaegermeister on ice?

;-)

Jules said...

Sounds so good. I can't wait until the baby comes & I can have a big fat margarita!!! :o)

Stephanie said...

This brings back so many childhood memories. No, not of me drinking. :) My godparents lived on a farm in St. Cloud and Katie would always have big ice cream buckets of slush in the freezer for the adults after dinner. I think I might have to make this. Thank you!