Wednesday, April 02, 2008

chicken bbq & strawberry sorbet

For this Recipe Box Swap I am sharing a recipe for Chicken BBQ. We had it at a friend's house last summer and it has become one of my favorite meals to make on days when I have no time to cook.

3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup water
3 T. worcestershire
3 T. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. cumin
28 oz BBQ sauce

Combine everything except the BBQ sauce and cook on low in a crockpot for 6 hours. Drain juices. With 2 forks, shred the chicken. Put back in crockpot and add BBQ sauce (don't drown the chicken in sauce.) Cook for 1 more hour. Serve on buns with a slice of American cheese.


And for something sweet...

Strawberry Sorbet! I used some strawberries out of the freezer to make this sorbet this week and plan to use raspberries to make another batch. I have one of these ice cream makers and love it. This recipe tastes just like Edy's Fruit Bars. Yum! It's also delicious to serve in a glass with champagne.

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 quart strawberries, stems removed
4 T. fresh lemon juice

Make a simple syrup out of the sugar and water by bringing them to a boil and then simmering until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool completely.

Combine the strawberries and lemon juice in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process until the strawberries are completely pureed. Press the strawberry puree through a fine mesh strainer to remove most of the seeds. Combine the strained puree with the cooled sugar syrup and corn syrup. Chill for 1 hour.

Freeze according to manufactures instructions. The sorbet will have a soft serve texture. If desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in the freezer until firm.

Be sure to visit Randi's blog for more recipes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been clicking through the recipes this morning and everything sounds so good, including yours! Lucky for me, I am heading to the grocery store today!

Thanks for posting, Darcy.

Mrs. Darling said...

Yummy. Ive never made sorbet in spite of the fact that I cook all day every day! LOL

jillytacy said...

ok So these recipes are both keepers. My daughter will love the chicken and making our own raspberry sorbet. Thanks for two great recipes.

jessica said...

definitely another one to try - it's on my menu for next week. i love crock pot recipes - please share any others that you have!