Wednesday, August 08, 2007

books, candy and sand

Those three words pretty much sum up our afternoon. After lunch we went to the library to return books and check out some new ones. While we were in town we stopped at the candy store so that Thomas could spend the gift certificate he received for his birthday from some friends. So many choices!


He ended up buying a package of Big League Chew gum, 1/2 pound of Swedish Fish, 1/2 pound of Sour Gummy Worms and 1/2 pound of Sweet Tart Legos that you can actually build with. That ought to last for a few days! :)

This is what I would've bought if it was my gift certificate. Truffles!

And now to the sand. It was in the mid 80's this afternoon so we hit the beach for about an hour and a half. Yes, that is sand by my baby's mouth. She got a little dirt in her diet today. She didn't seem to mind at all.


They all got sand in every crevice on their bodies I'm pretty sure. There was way more playing in the sand than there was playing in the water.

This is the magazine I didn't get to read at the beach. Did I actually think I was going to get to relax?! :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

One can always hope, Darcy. :) I want that magazine! I love Real Simple.

Looks like a great afternoon...especially the candy. heehee

Anonymous said...

Ava will have a few extra minerals in her system after that!

Darcy said...

time for more candy mom

Hanley Family said...

Your little girl is adorable. Great pictures!