Tuesday, August 21, 2007

it's been a year already!

This morning I got to thinking that it was around this time last year that I started this blog so I went and checked the date of my first post - August 10th, 2006. It's been a year already!

I started this little blog as a way to keep in touch with our family since we live so far from them. And since I am not a scrapbooker, I forget to write in baby books, and majority of our pictures are not in albums, I thought it would be a good way to document all of the cute things that the kids say and do and organize the pictures at the same time. It's so fun to keep the camera handy on the counter and be able to catch 'blog-worthy' moments of the kids that I might otherwise have missed.

I have also enjoyed getting to know other bloggers through having a blog. There are so many wonderful blogs out there that I am constantly inspired by. It's so fun to learn from other women, try out each others recipes, get new cleaning/cooking tips, crafting ideas, and hear about the fun things they are doing with their kids. I definitly plan to keep on blogging!

By the way, check out this cool site where you can have your blog printed into a book. I plan to do this soon with all of my posts from year one. I thought it was a pretty neat idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first year blogging anniversary! A few months ago I downloaded the Blurb program and am working on putting my first year entries into a book, too...I still have a bit more tweaking to do. But what a neat way to preserve all those memories --- not to mention all the work that is put into blogging!

jessica said...

Congratulations!! Blogs are great ways to keep in touch with family and learn, etc. I'm sure your family keeps good track of you guys - you are so good about writing about what your adorable kids are up to.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on one year! I love your blog...it is going to make such a lovely book.

Darcy said...

Thank you!!