Tuesday, October 07, 2008

workin' on my fitness

When we finished the basement this winter we decided to put wood flooring in the smaller of the two bedrooms and use it as an exercise room. It's just the right size for the Total Gym and the elliptical runner.

We got the Total Gym in July and love it. Scott and I can both get a great workout with it and Thomas has even started using it. He's getting serious about his swimming now that swim team has started. The coaches encourage them to do sit ups, push ups, etc. on their own so Scott put the pull up bar on it for him last night. He went downstairs on his own today and worked out for 10 minutes or so.

The elliptical runner in this picture is new. We bought a Horizon Fitness model about two years ago but had some problems with it last spring that ended up not being repairable. When it first broke I called their customer service and was emailed a detailed parts list to look over and let them know what to send along with pictures of the problem. We procrastinated and took about 3 months to get that done. When we finally did they called and said that they were sending us a brand new one and within a week we received it! We are really happy with the new model and would highly recommend their company if you're shopping around for one. I have been running on it 4 days a week, 50 minutes a time and it's a great workout!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The room looks awesome and, holy cow, 50 MINUTES?! You rock!

(G-L-A-M...heehee)

Jules said...

WOW, Darcy!! I am SO jealous of your basement & your elliptical machine & your time to run!! =) I can only run from the shower to the kids rooms right now to see what they have destroyed while I take my 15 second shower!! LOL. =)

Anyway, seriously, you are doing awesome!! I have been taking the double stroller out on walks; that's about it right now. I can't wait to get back to doing something more physically challenging!