skip to main |
skip to sidebar
doorknobs
I am going to be doing a small series of posts about tips we've learned while building our house and finishing our basement. When we built our house four years ago we wanted to get every upgrade we could and still stay within our budget, doesn't everyone? That meant we did a lot of the work ourselves but we also learned to shop for the items we wanted for the best price possible. I've already shared about where I purchased our faucets. I was happy with everything I ordered except the RO faucets. They were way too big. Lesson learned: always check the dimensions of things if you haven't saw them in person. :)
These are the doorknobs that we have throughout our house. We have them in a pewter color everywhere except in the basement where we put in oil-rubbed bronze. They are an Emtek brand doorknob and are really well made. They are not sold at retail stores like Home Depot or Menards so Scott did some checking online and found them here for almost $30 less per knob than what we would've paid to get them from a local dealer. Even at the price Scott found they are still more expensive than a lot of doorknobs but the quality is definitely worth it. It only took about 5 - 10 minutes to do a quick search to find this better price and we saved around $150!
1 comment:
wow darcy you are one good shopper! i wish i could find deals on stuff that i want to buy! i cant wait to see your finished basement!
Post a Comment