skip to main |
skip to sidebar
chocolate sheet cake
This recipe was given to me at my wedding shower. It is from a sweet lady that was known for bringing it to our church potlucks and it disappearing very quickly! All of the brides-to-be would receive this recipe as a gift along with a sheet cake pan. It mixes up so quickly, stays moist for a long time and makes a lot. We had it with a scoop of mint chip icecream after our St. Patrick's Day meal. Yum!
Chocolate Sheet Cake
Bring to a boil:
2 sticks butter
1 cup water
3 T. cocoa
Add to the following ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix well. Pour into a greased sheet cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or done in the center.
Chocolate Frosting
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
5 Tbsp. butter
Boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour on cake when hot.
7 comments:
that looks soooo yummy!
ps, how do you get your labels on your blog?
Mint Ice Cream and that chocolate cake sounds so good. I never buy it because Tory doesn't like it. I bought a box of Lucky Charms for the kids for St. Patrick's Day this year! They ate it all in one day! We did celebrate "pie" day though (3.14) I bought Pot Pies for supper and intended to make a pie for dessert but we had to go to town instead. The crust dough is still in the frig so we have to have pie soon. This was the first time I ever heard of "Pie" Day. I thought it was fun to celelbrate!
I know this cake and it is soooo good. I'm happy to have the recipe now. :) (especially that frosting!)
Happy Easter to you all!
You always post the best recipes - this is definitely another must try!
Sounds so good.
Happy Easter!
Post a Comment