Tuesday, October 09, 2007

talk about tuesday

Last week I found this little rocking chair at the secondhand store I drive past every time I go into town. I occasionally stop in hoping to find some little chairs to go around the table I picked up there this spring. So far I haven't found any but I did spot this rocker for the girls that I couldn't pass up. I sanded it and gave it a good cleaning then painted it a very pale pink to match their also thrifted doll cradle. I am planning to make a cushion for the seat but that requires a stop at Joann's to get some foam, so that project has to wait for a few more days.

The girls are supposed to be sharing it but Ava hogs it most of the time. She sits in it with Elle's Bitty Baby and says 'Rock Bye, Rock Bye' over and over.

Then she gets up and walks over to the cradle to tuck the baby in for her nap just like a little mommy.

Good night flexible Baby, sweet dreams!


For more Talk About Tuesday posts visit The Lazy Organizer!

14 comments:

Mrs. O said...

What a find! I love your table too. Did you pick up the oilcloth thrifting or from a fabric store?

And that flexible baby pose is adorable.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Very nice, and the baby picture is adorable!

Montserrat said...

How lucky can you get? You did a great job. Love how she laid her baby down to sleep. Too cute!

Lara said...

Oh my goodness I am so jealous! That rocker is adorable!!! It makes me want to go scour every thrift and antique store in town to find my own treasure. It's been a while since I've come home with something that great. I would like to come home with that chubby baby too. She is just too cute for words.

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

That turned out so nice! And the cradle painted to match...your grandkids will be playing with those pieces some day! Great finds.
And your baby is sooo cute!

Nicole said...

That's adorable!! And I love how Ava rocked and put her baby to bed!! So cute!! :) ♥

Rebecca said...

What a cute chair! And I love the cradle too. Looks like your girls enjoy it as well. Oh & the table is nice too. I need to go hunting around for a good find too!

Andrea said...

awesome chair. Love the photos.

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

That last picture cracked me up! That was an awesome find, and kudos to you for refurbishing it!

Anonymous said...

What a great score! And I love that little cradle, too. Do you know anything about it? It sort of says 1920s-1930s to me, from the pictures...

Darcy said...

Thanks for all the comments Ladies!

Corrie - I purchased the oilcloth at a local fabric store. That was such a easy project and such a quick way to fix the table up.

Jen - I don't know anything about the cradle, unfortunately. It needed a little TLC when I got it but has held up well since then.

Stephanie said...

Darcy...I somehow missed this post. The rocker and cradle are just adorable. I want a cradle and wooden highchair for Ruby for Christmas. They are so sweet with their (thankfully flexible) babies at this age. :)

cryssi said...

I just found your blog and was looking through it...How cute....I'm glad the doll is flexible and I love the furniture. I will definately be back to visit...

Blessings
Crystal

Linda said...

LOL about the sweet dreams.
www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown