Monday, October 29, 2007

menu plan monday

Here is my meal plan for the week. We are going to be studying Israel for geography this week. We didn't do meals for Japan or India so the kids are begging to make one for Israel. I am using an excellent resource for recipes from around the world called 'Eat Your Way Around the World.' It really makes it fun to try the food from the different countries. I'm sure I will be posting pictures of the meal and what the kids thought of it.

Monday
Breakfast – Toad in a hole (kid version of an egg sandwich)
Lunch – Pizza Hut (Book-It! Reward)
Dinner – Grilled Steaks & Pear & Blue Cheese Salad

Tuesday
Breakfast – Yogurt with Fruit & Granola
Lunch - Leftovers
Dinner – Chef Salads

Wednesday
Breakfast – Malt- O-Meal
Lunch – Chef Salads
Dinner – Hot Dog Mummies

Thursday
Breakfast – Yogurt with Fruit & Granola
Lunch – Sandwiches
Dinner – ‘Israel Meal’ – Cholent, Tzimmes & Challah

Friday
Breakfast – Banana Bread, made by Thomas
Lunch – Sandwiches or Salad
Dinner – Leftovers

Saturday
Breakfast – Baked French Toast & Maple Sausage Links
Lunch – East Hampton Clam Chowder
Dinner – Orange Chicken

Sunday
Breakfast – Leftover French Toast
Lunch – East Hampton Clam Chowder
Dinner – Pizza & Garden Salad

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Menu looks delicious. Since Wednesday is Halloween and we are having our annual potluck here at Hunt, we were wondering if Scott could bring his (your) famous Taco Soup? Since no one in the department wants to dress up, we are going to go with a Mexican food theme. We are having a build your own taco bar and we are all craving your Taco Soup! :)

Jules said...

Sounds really good, Darcy! Let us know about the Israel meal & thanks for the link; I will be checking that one out!:o)

Blessings,

Julie

Stephanie said...

Yum...that orange chicken looks so good. I'm going to try that, thanks for the link.

I think it is so cute that you have Thomas' banana bread on your plan. I hope James continues to enjoy cooking.

Jules said...

I have another award for you at my blog! It's a cute one, too!:o)

Blessings,
Julie

Lisa said...

Hi Darcy,
What is East Hampton Clam Chowder?
Everything sounds delicous, and I love to make soup in the winter.
I love your blog, you give me so many great tips!
Lisa