Monday, October 08, 2007

menu plan monday

I loved having a menu plan last week! There were more leftover meals than I had planned so I didn't make the chicken noodle soup or the shrimp and scallops meals so they are on the menu again this week. This week the sales at the grocery store aren't great so I will be cooking from the freezer. The Chicken Noodle soup is pretty much all ready to go. The broth is made and frozen, the chicken is roasted, torn apart and waiting in the freezer so all that is left to do is make some homemade noodles and chop some carrots and celery and let it all simmer. I love that! All I need to pick up at the store is some fresh fruit and veggies.

I was asked about the Lasanga Rolls on last week's menu. They were a new recipe I tried out last week. They were ok but I will probably never make them again. Same with the French Apple Muffins. The kids thought they were good but they weren't worth the work. The Strombolli though was a hit with everyone and will be made again and again and it is such an easy recipe to change up with different fillings inside. That's another thing I love about menu planning - actually trying out so many of the new recipes I have marked in cookbooks and have printed off from the internet.

Monday
Breakfast – Cereal or Egg Sandwich
Lunch – Leftovers
Dinner – Chicken Noodle Soup

Tuesday
Breakfast – Malt-O-Meal
Lunch – Sandwiches
Dinner – Chicken Noodle Soup

Wednesday
Breakfast – Smoothies
Lunch – Cheesies
Dinner – Tacos

Thursday
Breakfast – Cereal or Toast
Lunch – Tacos
Dinner – Runzas, Potato Salad & Corn

Friday
Breakfast – Cereal or Egg Sandwich
Lunch – Sandwiches
Dinner – Runzas, Potato Salad & Corn

Saturday
Breakfast – Stuffed French Toast & Maple Sausage Links
Lunch – Leftovers
Dinner – Grilled Shrimp & Scallops Supreme

Sunday
Breakfast – Banana Bread
Lunch – Tater Tot Casserole & Salad
Dinner – Leftovers

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like a great menu. I am in MN too, with the weather today Chicken Noodle soup sounds great!

Stephanie said...

Oh, we love tatertot casserole. So good!

I was wondering about those french apple muffins so thanks for the update. They just *sound* so good, you know? :)

Anonymous said...

we always have a lot of leftovers too--I guess I make too much :) great meal plan.

Jules said...

Sounds like a great meal plan! I am so jealous, I am ready for Fall food but it is 95 with 98%humidity where I live! I am SO ready for some cold weather!

Blessings,

Julie

Anonymous said...

thanks for the followup comments and recipes! :)

btw, i am doing the meme you tagged me for, it is just taking me a while with such a long screen-name!!! :D