Tuesday, August 12, 2008

movie recommendations needed

Our Netflix queue is getting low but I have no idea which movies to add to it. Do you have any recommendations? Nothing too scary please! :) A few we've watched recently that we liked were 21, Breach and A Walk to Remember. I enjoyed that last one a little more than Scott did!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to watch 21. I think it's On Demand tomorrow night.

Sorry, no other suggestions. :)

Anonymous said...

I like sweet sappy movies so here are a few

Beatrix Potter, great story of the authors life
Dreamgirls, musical
Hairspray, musical
De-Lovely,musical (are you sensing a theme here).
And the Oceans movies with Brad Pitt and gang.

Hope that helps. Have fun choosing some new movies
Blessings
Sue
marklovessue@numail.org

Anonymous said...

The movie "Bella" It moves a little slow in the beginning and only a few dramatic moments. But the story line is SO GOOD! The movie is "family friendly" although probably not for little ones. :)

Andrea L.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen "Cinderella Man"? A great story about a boxer who fought to provide for his family during the Great Depression. Another fave of ours is "Walk the Line." We are big movie fanatics too..are there good choices on Netflix? Hope this helps!

Taylor said...

hmmmm you've seen tommy boy right?! that's one of mine and katie southard's favorite movies... otherwise... hm. this is hard!
'stick it' is a funny movie, it's about gymnastics (chick flick)
'syndney white' is a good one (chick flick)
'john tucker must die' (chick flick)
'she's the man' SO FUNNY!
'what a girl wants' cute
'you've got mail'
that's all i can think of! and sorry they are all chick flicks!

Anonymous said...

It's late, I really should be in bed, and I can't think of any movies off hand. But I have a feeling if you browse www.imdb.com your movie list will grow right before your eyes.

What about classics that you may have never seen? Gone With the Wind, Sparticus, A Streetcar Named Desire, Cassablanca, To Kill a Mockingbird...

Ooo! I just thought of one! Have you seen Beautiful Girls? It was filmed here in MN. Someone once stopped my husband to ask him if he was in the movie because he looked like one of the characters, so of course we had to check it out, but that was years ago. I don't remember which actor it was (somebody's husband?).

That's it. I'm off to bed. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

There are a couple of films that I love, that I've seen a few too many times: Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow and Beautiful Girls with Natalie Portman, Matt Dillon and several other well known actors. And I'll throw one in for Scott, too: Gone Baby Gone (a suspense/thriller about a child abduction--Casey Affleck stars and Ben Affleck directs).

Good luck with your search!

Nicholle R. :)

Jessica said...

I loved 'Dan in Real Life' so much. I don't often see movies, and of the movies I see most of them I hate. Dan in Real Life was the best movie I've seen in years, I enjoyed every minute of it!

Tiffany said...

here are a few we've enjoyed...
What Happens In Vegas
PS I Love You
Dan in Real Life
The Office(tv series)
Friends(the series)
V for Vendetta(suspense)