Another question I have is - can I move plants anytime throughout the summer? I have 2 sedum 'black jack' plants that I'd like to move into this flower garden. They are thriving where they are at but they are in the way of my little vegetable garden. If I move them now will that deter them from blooming this fall?
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
gardening advice needed
I've spent the past two afternoons working in my flower garden between the boulder retaining walls. I've been pulling tons of crown vetch that I had planted a few years ago. It never bloomed for very long and looked like a weed when it wasn't in bloom. It had started taking over a large part of the garden and choking out other plants that I wanted there. I can tell I'm going to be battling it for awhile! The root system on it was amazing and everyday there are little plants showing up that I missed.
This area is so big and it will be several years yet before it is full of plants like I'd like it to be. It is fun to watch it progress a little each year though. Many of the plants have been given to me from friend's and family's gardens. I really should've divided some of the plants this spring but I didn't get to it in time. I found this great article and might try dividing them this fall and then put mulch over them for the winter. Any suggestions from you more experienced gardeners?
Another question I have is - can I move plants anytime throughout the summer? I have 2 sedum 'black jack' plants that I'd like to move into this flower garden. They are thriving where they are at but they are in the way of my little vegetable garden. If I move them now will that deter them from blooming this fall?
I love the stonecrop sedum that is finally tumbling over and throughout the rock walls. Some of it blooms in yellow and the rest is pink. It has taken awhile for it to get established but now it's really spreading. I'll post pictures to share as everything peaks this summer!
Another question I have is - can I move plants anytime throughout the summer? I have 2 sedum 'black jack' plants that I'd like to move into this flower garden. They are thriving where they are at but they are in the way of my little vegetable garden. If I move them now will that deter them from blooming this fall?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment