Monday, June 11, 2007

8 more random things about me

When I first started blogging I worked on a list of 100 things about me like you see on so many blogs but could never come up with enough things to finish the list so I gave it up. When I was tagged by Sing For Him to list 8 things about myself I decided to go ahead and do this meme again. Maybe I will do this every now and then as I think of things and gradually get to my 100 things. I always enjoy reading these lists to kinda get to know the woman behind the blog a bit more. I hope you do too! :)

9. I took piano lessons for 9 years and taught lessons my junior and senior years of high school. I have not played since then though. I look forward to having a piano again someday and would love to teach the kids to play. I remember sitting down at the keyboard whenever I was upset or grumpy and playing for half an hour or so and then feeling so much better. Music had a way of changing my perspective and making things right again.

10. When I was growing up I loved the movie Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. I always thought I would name one of my daughters Sonora like the main character in the movie. Scott wasn't on board with that name though. Elle's name did come from a movie though. A couple of weeks before she was born we watched Legally Blonde and we both really liked the name Elle after seeing that movie. Her name is often misunderstood by people though. They think it is Ellie, Ella, Ellen, or Alice. My grandma even wrote 'Happy Birthday Al' in her first birthday card. Not Al, Grandma, Elle...like the letter. :) It was funny!

11. My favorite sandwich is a BLT with avocado....I guess that would be a BLAT!

12. I like country music.

13. One of my favorite shows is TLC's What Not To Wear. I've noticed since watching this show though that I own more shoes now than I ever have. I used to have about 4 or 5 pairs....seriously. Now I have close to 15 and one of them is a pair of leopard print ballet flats. Maybe I should stop having my TiVo record that show.

14. My favorite book is
Not My Will by Francena Arnold. I've read it 4 times and cry every single time. Such a good story.

15. I am so glad that Bermuda shorts are in style.

16. All 3 of my kids were born early without being induced. Thomas and Elle were both 2 weeks early and Ava was 3 weeks early.


For the first '8 things about me' post, click here.

4 comments:

jessica said...

I love What Not to Wear also! We don't have cable right now, so I only get to watch it when we are visiting family. But, I know what you mean - it is probably good I'm not watching it, I'm much less aware of how fashionable (or not) I am.

Real Life Sarah said...

Fun list!! I completely stopped buying vertical stripes when I began watching WNTW. I love Legally Blonde, too. I don't have totally bad taste in movies! Thanks for playing.

Stephanie said...

BLAT are one of our favorites, too! And, I am so with you on the Bermuda shorts. I was just thinking I want one more pair. :)

Good list, I like these.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, think I've probably read "Not My Will" about four times, too. :)