It is so nice to see the grass greening up and leaves starting to come out on the trees. Last week I raked the yard and cleaned out the flower beds. Scott built the railing and a door for the playhouse. I got it all stained before he assembled and installed it. (Wish I would've done that when we did the railings on the house....so much easier!) Elle just loves her little house. I will post a picture of it when I get the porch floor and steps stained.
Last weekend we also put the boat in the water. It's fun to see it waiting on the lift knowing all the fun times we will have this summer! It's good motivation to get all of the work done now so that we can play when it's finally warm enough! :)

2 comments:
I just linked to your page from Go Lightly Place. I'm not an expert, but I do have a little advice about your tulips. If you can mark them well enough, fall is ideal for digging them up and putting them in a better place. If you are afraid you will "lose" them if you wait (because the foliage may die all the way down and sort of disappear), then be brave and move them now. *grin* I've done both. I've actually accidentally moved some when transplanting other things and the bulbs have gone along for the ride. I'm in a northern Great Lakes state, so we should have smiliar growing conditions.
Aisling,
Thank you for the advice! I'm in no hurry to move them so I'll just mark them and move them in the fall. I'll have to buy more to plant at the same time since I'll be going to all that work to dig them up! :)
-Darcy
Post a Comment