Friday, April 13, 2007

thrifting find

I noticed this little table outside of a second hand shop that I drive by every time that I go to town and thought it would be perfect for the kid's playhouse. So today we stopped in and bought it. I covered it with this happy oilcloth that I picked up a few weeks ago and I love the way it looks! Now, I'm going to be keeping an eye out for a couple of mismatched kid size chairs that I can paint and distress to go with it!

I am really looking forward to the weather warming up so that we can work on this playhouse. I want to make shelves between the 2x4's and then paint it inside. Maybe do something fun on the floor and sew some curtains for the little windows. Outside we need to finish the railing on the steps and little porch area then stain it to match. Oh, and make a door! Maybe a couple of window boxes with fake flowers in them and.......the list could go on and on! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is so cute! I love oilcloth...what a perfect fit for the table.

thrift stores are awesome!