Monday, February 28, 2011

random stuff

Elle enjoying her January reading reward.  A double chocolate chip frappacino from Starbucks (no coffee!)....her favorite.  Instead of doing Book It this year we decided to pick a different prize each month that the kids work towards.  It's been fun!

I found this on my pillow last week after the kids were tucked into bed.  Incase you can't read it, here's what it says -
dear tooth fairy,
I regret to inform you that I lost a tooth a couple days ago and I haven't found no dollor under my pillow infact my tooth is still where I left it.  I know I should be patient and all but your taking forever!  Please hurry up.
-cashless kid  A.K.A.  Elle
I got a good laugh from it.  I remembered right before she woke up the next morning to go sneak a dollar coin under her pillow but couldn't find the tooth.  She brought it to me.  I stink at being the tooth fairy. 

We are still plugging away at school. 

Pond hockey is over for the season.  The icehouses have to be off the lake as of today.  And there are only a few more weeks of skiing and snowboarding left.  Spring can't be too far off!

4 comments:

heartscribblings--formerly southeastcountrywife said...

Elle's letter cracked me up. That'd make me put two dollars there...clever kid, lol. Your kids are looking so grown up!!! It's amazing how they change over a few years of blog following (er, lurking)...I guess that's what happens, hey! :)

Wendy said...

Loved the letter!
Glad to hear you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

I stopped by for a quick visit and so enjoyed all the goings on of your sweet family!
You do such a great job on your blog. Thanks for sharing the joy!

Jen

Chris said...

Love the letter!! Humbling for the tooth fairy to admit they are not always at the top of their game ;) We are anxiously awaiting Spring too!