Wednesday, March 02, 2011

tweet tweet little birdie

A few weeks ago we were at a friend's house and they had the coolest birdhouses on their windows that suctioned to the glass.  It was so fun to watch the birds and get such a close look at them.  We purchased one for the window in the school area and have just started to get birds feeding at it. 

We keep the Birdfeeder Handbook nearby so we can identify which birds we've had at the feeder.  Thomas made a chart and is keeping track of it for us.  This morning we had several Pine Siskin's.  I love that the squirrels can't get to it! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darcy! Thanks for the well wishes when we brought baby Evan home!We are adjusting and he is very well loved but you probably know all of that from facebook!

This bird feeder is so pretty & so is the bird. How beautiful & peaceful, love it!

Chris said...

What a neat little invention!! That is awesome that you can see them so up close! Great science project!

Katie said...

What a great idea! I like the idea of having your kids track which birds come and go too! I would love to home school Hans some day. You inspire me! =-)

Unknown said...

Wow love this idea, I'm so gonna get one!