Hello! Wow, it's been a long time since I've checked in here. Sorry for the unannounced break! It has took me awhile to get adjusted to having a busier schedule again now that school and other activities have started up again. I think we have finally found our groove around here so that I don't feel like I am always playing catch up so maybe (hopefully!) I will have more time to update here again.
We are in our 6th week of schooling and for the most part it is going well. Thomas is in 6th grade this year, Elle is in 3rd and Ava is a preschooler. Teaching all three is actually going really well. It took awhile but we have figured out a schedule so that I can help each one individually while the others are busy with schoolwork on the computer or on an assignment that they can do on their own. And the best part is that I am usually done teaching by noon! Thomas and Elle have about an hour or so of 'homework' to finish up after lunch break as well as their reading time and then the rest of the afternoon is free to do our scheduled activities, finish up chores or just play!
Ava really loves her computer time on ixl.com. (That site is so great for math practice!) She is so eager to learn. It's fun to teach her!
This year I ordered Rosetta Stone Spanish and Thomas really likes it. I am trying to learn it too but cannot keep up with him! It's fun to be learning it all together. Even Ava is picking up on some of it. Often instead of asking for a glass of milk or water she asks for a glass of leche or agua. :)
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Thanks for the link to the Math site. I'll have to check that out.
Good to see you here, and so glad things are going well for you guys. Hope you continue to have a great year!
I'll have to look at that math site - my son LOVES math. We also enjoy starfall.com for preschool phonics.
Yay! You're back! So fun to see the kiddos! Need some pcitures of you and Scott too! Thanks for the email letting me know. You bless me so much, I'm so glad to be your Mom and love you so much! Have a great day and hug my dear ones for me!
Welcome back Darcy! It has been a long time, but I knew you were busy getting another school year underway. May God's wisdom inspire you as you inspire your students! Love ya....Jan
FINALLY, you're back! ;) I read three other blogs every day, and after checking them I often make a quick check just in case you've posted. (I should set up RSS, huh?! Oh well.) I'm glad school's going great and that everyone's settling into the new schedule. I keep thinking I need to call you guys and catch up. Tell everyone hello from us! xx
Glad to see school is going well. Hailee has started Spanish this year too, but at their school they start in FIRST grade. So all three of my kids are learning it. I sure wish I would have started homeschooling from the beginning, may have made it a bit easier to stick with it :( The kids are doing well at their new school and I'm working to help pay for it. :)
Post a Comment