Saturday, May 02, 2009

school

The kids put in a little extra effort this week to finish up their math workbooks. They are seeing the benefit of not taking a spring break this year now that they are getting done earlier than usual! Several of their subjects are completed now. Both of them have science to do yet and we plan to continue with spelling, math drills, and our history reading for the entire month of May. Ideally I'd love to continue with those all summer but I that usually doesn't happen. The standardized tests arrived in the mail yesterday so we will be taking those next week and then it will be time to start thinking about next year!

Now that they have more time, Thomas has grand plans of building a fort out in the woods and Elle has been clearing rocks from an area in front of her playhouse and plans to plant a vegetable garden to tend to all summer. Lots of hands-on learning!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That is so awesome, for you too, I'm sure. :)
We are done w/math and getting close in other subjects. I'm for sure taking all of June off and then we will slowly add a little in, so our brains don't turn to mush.

Do you know what you are using for next year?

Autryville said...

I love this time of year! We, too, are finishing math and have about a week left of scince and history. Testing next week and we're pretty much through!! We always skip spring break and it makes me love May even more!

Taylor said...

i can't wait to see the kid's outside projects! :) they sound sweet!