"A good laugh is like sunshine in the house" - William Makepeace Thackeray
Thursday, May 07, 2009
a fisherman's breakfast
Thomas was up bright and early this morning. He left a note for Scott (he knew I wouldn't be up for awhile yet!) letting him know that he would be out on the dock fishing. He came in around 7:30 and decided to make himself an omelet.
I'll let him tell you his 5 star recipe. He plans to post it later at his blog.
I don't know if it's the longer hair or what but he is looking so grown up to me!
My fisherman's eyes ended up being bigger than his stomach! He ate about half of his omelet, cleaned up his mess, and then went right back out to try to catch another fish. There were strawberry muffins warm out of the oven when he got back in an hour later so he ate 2 of those. :) That fishing must really work up an appetite!
It's amazing how fast they grow up!! He does look older! Maybe it's because he is old enough to write a note and cook his own breakfast; how responsible!! :)
This blog is about my day to day life as a wife to my husband Scott, and mama to our 3 children - Thomas (13), Elle (11) and Ava (6). I love all things domestic - cooking, baking, knitting, and sewing so you will find a little of each here along with lots of pictures of the kids.
4 comments:
So cute! I love his note and that he makes his own breakfast! I haven't let my son do anything on the stove yet.
It's amazing how fast they grow up!! He does look older! Maybe it's because he is old enough to write a note and cook his own breakfast; how responsible!! :)
This is great! What a "young man" you have and it looks like his breakfast was delicious too!
Impressive! So great to see them be self-sufficient...still bittersweet though, huh? Isn't it the truth..they do grow SO fast!
Post a Comment