Monday, March 23, 2009

menu plan

Here's the menu for the week at our house. I stumbled across this blog, My Month of Meals, over the weekend. I found several recipes that I am looking forward to trying and I liked reading her thoughts about menu planning. While I don't plan to make my menus a month at a time because I'd rather plan them weekly around the sale items at the grocery store, she did motivate me to finally get going on a master list of all of the meals that we enjoy. I think it will be so handy to have the list to reference instead of trying to think of things off the top of my head. I also like her idea of meal goals. I'm still thinking this through for us but I have recently been making a few more meatless meals and would like to continue with this. Maybe start out with one a week? This week's meatless meal is the Spring Garden Risotto. I saw Ina Garten make it on her Back to Basics show on Food Network. Peas, asparagus and creamy rice....sounds good to me! I'll let you know if it's a 'make again'!

Breakfasts:

Yogurt and Granola
Biscuit, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
Cold Cereal
Oatmeal with Blueberries
Toasted Cinnamon Swirl Pear Bread

Lunches:
Quesadillas
Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
Hummus and Vegetable Wraps
Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Leftovers

Dinners:
M – Ham and Cheese Stromboli, Garden Salad, Strawberries
T – Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls with Ranch Avocado Dip
W – Spring Green Risotto
T – Turkey Bolognese, Garden Salad, French Bread
F – BBQ Chicken Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza
S –Roasted Turkey Breast, Baked Potatoes, Garden Salad, Steamed Corn
S – Clean Out the Fridge and Popcorn Night

Dessert:
Peach Pie with Homemade Vanilla Icecream

2 comments:

Sheri said...

The "list" idea sounds really good. Sometimes I am clueless too and need some major help. I look forward to hearing how the latest veggie recipe goes. I have been making at least one meatless meal a week also. I feel like I'm learning so much in this area... thanks for all the great recipes you share!

Unknown said...

Scotty is going to need more carbo's! :)