Monday, March 30, 2009

menu plan monday

Last week's menu was overall a success. I tried three new recipes. Two of them are keepers (the Southwest Chicken Eggrolls and the Turkey Bolognese) but not the Spring Green Risotto. It was good the night we had it but was terrible the next day reheated for lunch so that kinda ruined it for me. It makes a lot too so it would just be so much wasted food to throw out the leftovers. Two out of three isn't bad though!

This week I have a few more new recipes to try out. The meatless meal of the week is the Black Bean Burrito Bake. With more snow on the way Scott requested Taco Soup and Cinnamon Rolls for dessert, a good dinner to have on a cold snowy night. I haven't attempted cinnamon rolls in a very, very long time so hopefully with the Pioneer Woman's recipe they will turn out good!

Breakfasts -
Scrambled Eggs & Toast
Cinnamon Rolls
Strawberry & Banana Smoothies
Cereal
Oatmeal


Lunches -
PB & J
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Hummus with crackers and veggies
Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
Leftovers


Dinners -
M - Saucy Chicken Sandwiches, Apple Slices, Garden Salad
T - Taco Soup and Cinnamon Rolls
W - Creamy Italian Chicken, Steamed Peas
T - Baked Ribs, Baked Beans, Steamed Corn
F - Meat and Potato Casserole, Garden Salad
S - Black Bean Burrito Bake, Mexican Rice, Garden Salad
S - Grilled Asian Chicken Salad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darcy!

Your menu sounds so good! We love the creamy italian chicken but we call it angel chicken! It is excellent! I will have to try the chicken sandwiches. I keep meaning to but never get it done! How are they?

Hope you are having fun in all that snow! It's 78 here today! It's nice but the snow sure looks beautiful! :)

~Julie