Wednesday, December 03, 2008

must reading

A couple of weeks ago Thomas, Elle and I went and heard the absolutely amazing testimony of Anita Dittman, a survivor of the Holocaust. I had so many different emotions while listening to her tell her story. What she went through was so incredibly awful but the ways that God revealed himself to her and helped her through it all were awesome. I was struck by how she always found the miracles in her life and was always thankful, even in circumstances where you wonder how there could be anything to be thankful for. I bought her book and just finished it today. If you are looking for something to read that will inspire you and put your life in perspective this book will do it! She signed the book with Romans 8:28 - 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.' This verse has new meaning for me now after hearing her story!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that verse. It's hard to even imagine what life must have been like through all of that. Sounds like an inspiring story to read.

Btw: Your recipes look good. I'm going to scroll through a few before I go grocery shopping later today. I just posted about a recipe contest on my blog that you may be interested in. Grand prize is $25,000.

Taylor said...

i am always so sad when we learn about the holocaust in school. it seems like we talk about it every year. and in 8th grade we read the diary of anne frank and watched the movie also. they were both really sad, but the movie was sadder because of the visual.
we have a lot to be thankful for!