"A good laugh is like sunshine in the house" - William Makepeace Thackeray
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
a berry busy week
I couldn't resist with the corny title for this post. :) Our local U-pick berry farm is open for picking so it's been a busy week with picking, preserving and eating strawberries here. On Monday Elle and I went together and picked 17 lbs (3 icecream buckets full) and I went again on Wednesday with a friend and picked another 15 lbs. It's so nice having a babysitter right next door who can run over and watch the kids for me. (Thanks Macki!)
We had to have pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for lunch both days we had the fresh berries. Ava kept saying 'alicious Mommy!' (Delicious) :) She'd come over to me like a baby bird while I was cleaning them and open her mouth, I'd pop a berry in and then she'd run away to play for awhile then show up 5 minutes later for another one.
I've made 18 half pints of strawberry jam and have 4 big bags of whole berries in the freezer for smoothies. The rest have been enjoyed by the bowlful, on angel food cake and in a strawberry rhubarb crostata. It's been good!
that exactly what we did with our berries! pancakes and jam... lol we also made some interesting looking tomato/strawberry salsa... we haven't tried it yet, you should come over test taste with us!
This blog is about my day to day life as a wife to my husband Scott, and mama to our 3 children - Thomas (13), Elle (11) and Ava (6). I love all things domestic - cooking, baking, knitting, and sewing so you will find a little of each here along with lots of pictures of the kids.
2 comments:
Everything looks delicious! You have had a "berry busy week." Hee. Hee.
that exactly what we did with our berries! pancakes and jam... lol we also made some interesting looking tomato/strawberry salsa... we haven't tried it yet, you should come over test taste with us!
Post a Comment