Wednesday, January 30, 2008

back from the break

I didn't think I would take such a long break from blogging! My family has been here for the past week and a half helping us work on our basement and there just hasn't been much time for updating here. We've had a nice time together. We took a field trip to the Minnesota Science Museum last week, went shopping at the Mall of America for a few hours and spent an afternoon last weekend swimming at a local waterpark. When the weather warmed up a little the kids went iceskating, and my brother and sister did a little snowboarding and skiing at a small ski area nearby. We've also played many, many hours of Guitar Hero. :)

And, the basement is looking great! All of the drywall is hung and they are working on hanging doors right now. That means it's almost time for me to get to work on the staining and polyurethaning.....a job I am not looking forward to! I will be back later today or tomorrow with pictures.


I took this picture of Thomas last week. He thought it was cold enough when he woke up to have breakfast in his Mad Bomber hat I guess. He should've been wearing it this morning though because we had the coldest night of the winter so far last night. When we woke up the temperature felt like 34 below zero with the windchill. All schools in the area were cancelled....except ours! :)

1 comment:

Taylor said...

yes, it was very cold today!
i'm glad my school was canceled! but lucky tommy and elle are strong and fierce enough to still make it to school.
i can't wait to see your basement!

taylor