Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Tag

I found this over at The Homespun Heart and thought it looked fun!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog! I love it at this time of year....cold and warm. I remember mom making it on the stove top one year when I was young and I remember that as some of the best egg nog ever. :) I'll have to try to find a recipe for it this year and make it for us because Thomas and Elle like it too.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He delivers them all wrapped up to Grandma's house

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White everywhere

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually on Thanksgiving weekend but this year I didn't get it done until a few days after.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Dale's waffles for breakfast after opening gifts on Christmas morning.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Acting out the Christmas story with cousins when I was younger. Mom sewed costumes for all of us and my little brother Tory got to be baby Jesus.

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The only gifts that are opened are the ones that are exchanged at Grandma Betty's house.

9. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The tree in the family room is decorated with white lights and ornaments that have a homemade feel. There are mittens, snowmen, gingerbread men and hearts. I also made gingerbread type cookies cutout in christmas shapes that are baked and then hung on the tree with fabric strips.

10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow at Christmas time but do not like the cold that comes with it.

11. Can you ice skate? I can but it isn't pretty. :) The kids are excited that I will be able to get out on the ice with them this year since I'm not pregnant. They thought I was really missing out last year when I couldn't join them.

12. Do you remember your favorite gift? A keyboard that I got from Mom and Dad when I was in 2nd grade. This was the year that my mom decided to wrap all of the present and put them under the tree without a tag saying who they were to. My brothers and I didn't think that was much fun but mom sure did. :)

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and celebrating Jesus' birth.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Peanut Butter Balls and Popcorn Christmas Wreath with Peanut M&M's

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Baking Christmas cookies & candies

17. What tops your tree? A sign that says 'Believe'

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Receiving is fun but I really do like giving best. It's fun to try to find something that you think the receiver would really enjoy.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Joy to the World

You can read Thomas's Christmas Tag here

2 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Fun! Thanks for playing along! :)

Jules said...

This is cute! We love National Lampoon's, too and we have the whole Charlie Brown holiday collection! It's the great pumpkin, the thanksgiving and christmas ones, Claire LOVES them, she wants to watch them over and over and over! ANd, I think that your Believe sign on your tree is beautiful.

Julie