Sunday, January 16, 2011

this post is for my dad

This is a picture of a true Minnesota kitchen in January right here.  Walleye ready to be filleted after a successful day of ice fishing.  Thanks to our friend Chris sharing his ice house the perfect winter afternoon is spent ice fishing while watching football....for the boys that is.  The girls and I prefer to stay home and bake while watching some our favorite cooking shows that we recorded throughout the week.  Our current favorite is this one.

My favorite recipe to make with the fish is Martha's Fish Po' Boys.  The spicy tartar sauce is what makes the sandwich!  We skip the cornmeal breading part of her recipe and use Shore Lunch instead.  Our neighbor that has taught Thomas almost everything he knows about fishing said that it's the best so I've never really considered anything else.  I figure he knows what he's talking about.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Shorelunch really is the best

Dad said...

eating fish caught through the ice-
it doesn't get any better than that
Let us know how the guys do in the derby.by the looks of your temptures you will be able to ice fish for quite some time yet.
I felt pretty special getting my own personal Post:) Love Dad