Monday, August 02, 2010

11 years old

Thomas turned 11 years old yesterday! 

Elle and I came up with this birthday card for him.  He said it is the best birthday card he has ever received.  :)

He chose steak with sauteed mushrooms, potato chive pancake, and corn on the cob for his birthday dinner.  We got a kick out of that grown up choice.  What happened to tacos or pizza?!  His other choices for the day were donuts for breakfast and pigs in a blanket with Dutch Crunch jalapeno cheddar chips for lunch.  His meals were very thought out!  Peanut Buster Ice Cream Dessert was his birthday cake of choice. 

Love this picture.

I have no words for this picture.  It cracks me up everytime I look at it.  We know how to party here! 

Happy Birthday Thomas!  We are so blessed to have you as our son.  We are proud of the young man you are becoming!  You keep us laughing for sure!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the card! So thoughtful!!

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

Shannon said...

Great card. Very creative. I think we made one like that for my grandparents for their 50th anniversary. So much better than just paper :)

What great pictures! I love the one of you and Thomas with the cake. Fun!

Raquel said...

So fun! We've done the candy cards for teachers but I think we will "steal" the idea for the next birthday:)
Raquel

Anonymous said...

That is one AWESOME birthday card!! And having been a reader here for a few years now, I can't believe how grown up Thomas is looking!!! Definitely turning from a boy into a young man. Doesn't time fly?!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! And WOW that was a grown-up meal choice! I may use that for Hailee's upcoming birthday..she's turning 12! I can't believe how fast they grow!

Anonymous said...

Darcy,
You're such a great mom...Love,love,love the card. He'll always remember it. Thomas is such a handsome young man.
That picture of you and the birthday boy could clear clouds on a rainy day. Too funny. It just makes me smile.
Take extra good care,
Jen

Jennifer Buettner said...

Great card! Your kids are so cute! Love the picture of you with the cake too!