Monday, November 02, 2009

conversations with ava

Some of my favorite conversations with Ava are when I cuddle her for a few minutes before her nap. She always tells me she needs 'alotta cuddles' while holding up all her fingers.

When we got the mail today there were several catalogs, so we each picked one and looked at it while we ate our sandwiches at lunch. Of course, that led to talking about what the kids want for Christmas. Ava continued this conversation at naptime. She said she wants something 'nice, special and shiny.' She suggested a baby toy.....for when she's a baby again. :)

We then started talking about best friends and how much she loves all of her best friends. I asked her who they are and she said 'Muffin, Leila, Maggie, & um......, um.......... Mom.' Muffin, Leila and Maggie are all dogs. I guess I'm just happy I made the list! She said that she couldn't tell me the rest of her best friends. The girl cracks me up!


I took this picture a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon. She fell asleep while we were watching Food Network together. She still loves Giada and Ina. :)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great picture. I am sure it will be one you will treasure always.

Nicole said...

aww i like that picture!! :)i love ava's conversations! haha. i miss hearing them! :)

Nikki said...

Cute pic Darcy! You look stunning!! I visited the blog last night to look up one of your recipes and to my surprise...you're blogging again! Yeaa!!! :) Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Precious moments! I bet you'll be glad you are documenting them because it's so easy to forget the simple little things they say! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of you and sweet Ava. I treasure the comments my kids make and try to write them down in a little book. I don't get them all, but it's still better than not writing the ones I remember down.
So happy you're back!

Jen