Last week I got back on track with menu planning. I had let it slide because of the holidays and just being too busy to take the time to do it. What a difference it makes in the grocery budget to take the time to plan out our meals, read the ad and clip coupons! Without a plan, I was always making quick trips to the store and spending more than I wanted to. I have been doing a lot of reading on moneysavingmom.com and it is inspiring! I can't take advantage of many of the offers she shares because we don't have a lot of shopping options where I live but it is still great to read and learn all kinds of tips to make the most of every dollar!
Here is what will be cooking around here this week -
Breakfasts:
Cinnamon-Swirl Pear Bread
Egg Sandwiches
Oatmeal with Blueberries
Lunches:
Leftovers
Tuna Pea Pasta Salad
Sandwiches
Kicked up Ramen (I like to make the chicken ramen noodle soup but simmer some carrots and celery in the broth for awhile before adding the noodles to try to make it a little more nutritious.)
Dinners:
Monday - Turkey Stew and Dumplings
Tuesday - Buffalo Chicken Strips with Blue Cheese Salad
Wednesday - White Chicken Chili
Thursday - Pizza & Salad
Friday - Tacos
Saturday - BBQ Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Baked Beans, Corn, Cornbread Muffins
Sunday - Super Bowl Party, Go Cardinals! - Appetizers, my favorite! - Piglets in a Blanket, Corn & Black Bean Salsa & Tortilla Chips
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
would you mind sharing your white chicken chili recipe?
I started menu planning a few months back and I agree, it saves money and trips to the store...not to mention a little sanity for Mom..which is always good!! Thanks for the recipes and link!!
Post a Comment