"A good laugh is like sunshine in the house" - William Makepeace Thackeray
Thursday, February 21, 2008
dust, dust, dust
I told you my house is dusty with all of the drywalling and sanding that has been happening with our basement getting finished. Here are some pictures to show you just how bad it is. I can't even believe it! I have done all I can to try to keep the dust to as much of a minimum as possible. I've turned the furnace off everyday that work has been going on, a sheet of poly has been hung and taped to the wall to block the entrance to the basement when they've been sanding and I've tried to stay ahead of it as much as possible by cleaning. Seriously, the floor was mopped this morning and this is what it looks like now 8 hours later!! The only thing that is keeping me from pulling my hair out is to know that we are almost done. The basement is completely primed as of today and it looks great!
I guess I'll just be doing my spring deep cleaning a little early this year!
Looks fun, Darcy! ;o) Bet you can't wait until that's all done! Have fun decorating, I love the idea of a basement. We just don't have them here or many places that I have seen in the South. Anyway, I love your ideas, especially the berber carpet. I want to put some down in our bedrooms, so bad but I have to wait a bit, especially with the new one coming!
Thanks for asking, I am feeling much better. I hardly throw up at all now and I can actually think about eating (I wrote a post on cravings today, actually!)
i can so sympathize. my husband and i have been remodeling our house on our own for almost two years now. we bought a fixer upper. dust has become my arch enemy. good luck with it!!
This blog is about my day to day life as a wife to my husband Scott, and mama to our 3 children - Thomas (13), Elle (11) and Ava (6). I love all things domestic - cooking, baking, knitting, and sewing so you will find a little of each here along with lots of pictures of the kids.
5 comments:
Looks fun, Darcy! ;o) Bet you can't wait until that's all done! Have fun decorating, I love the idea of a basement. We just don't have them here or many places that I have seen in the South. Anyway, I love your ideas, especially the berber carpet. I want to put some down in our bedrooms, so bad but I have to wait a bit, especially with the new one coming!
Thanks for asking, I am feeling much better. I hardly throw up at all now and I can actually think about eating (I wrote a post on cravings today, actually!)
~Julie
i can so sympathize. my husband and i have been remodeling our house on our own for almost two years now. we bought a fixer upper. dust has become my arch enemy. good luck with it!!
You are a winner!
http://squashcakes.blogspot.com/2008/02/congrats.html
Email me at squashcakes (at) yahoo (dot) com with your mailing address!
That would absolutely drive me crazy! It will be so worth it though, to have the basement finished!
Looks dusty. LOL
Post a Comment