skip to main |
skip to sidebar
fresh herbs year round
Last year around Thanksgiving and Christmas time one of our local grocery stores was selling rosemary trees that I was really tempted to buy but passed up. This year I decided to bring in my rosemary plant that has been in my herb garden all summer and see if I can get it to survive through the winter. It was unwieldy and huge so I did some major trimming to it. I'm hoping to keep it pruned to grow in a tree shape and will enjoy pulling off some of it when I made foccacia bread and our Thanksgiving meal. My thyme plant is still doing well even through the frosts we've had so I'm tempted to pot that one and bring it too.
2 comments:
Oh that reminds me I was going to dig up some of my chives and bring them in! Thanks Darcy I almost forgot, isn't it nice to have it year round?
I have tried to grow Rosemary inside, and it died, but I've been thinking about trying it again. It does not come back perennially very well here. Let me know if you find any tricks.
PS Sorry I haven't been commenting lately, I've been so swamped. I've been keeping up in my feedreader, though.
Post a Comment