Wednesday, January 24, 2007

my little knitter

I was given a Knifty Knitter circular loom as a gift last year and today we pulled it out and Elle used it to knit up this hat for her baby Dorothy. (She loves the Wizard of Oz!) It was so easy! I wrapped the yarn around the pegs for her. I think that she will be able to do this herself but I did not want her to get frustrated on her first project. After the yarn was wrapped around each peg she used a little hook tool to pull the bottom loop over the top loop and off of the peg. She loved it and felt like such a big girl. I was working on a pocket for my bag (I'm getting close to being done with it!) while she knitted her hat and she said, "We're knitting girls aren't we Mom?!" :) It was a fun time together.

No comments: