I recently heard of Menu Plan Mondays hosted by Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie and thought I would give it a try this week. I am excited to have a plan for each meal of the week and not have to be wondering what to make or running to the store to pick up a missing ingredient. Sunday afternoons are usually when I sit down to look at the grocery store ads so it was easy to make a detailed menu plan at that time. Now I'm all prepared with my list, my coupons and menu...I'm just hoping for happy children during the shopping trip this afternoon!Monday
Breakfast – leftover French toast, Eggs
Lunch – Pasta Salad
Dinner – Ham & Cheese Stromboli, Salad
Tuesday
Breakfast – Pumpkin Bread
Lunch – Turkey Sandwiches
Dinner – Crockpot Chicken BBQ, Cheesy Potatoes, Salad
Wednesday
Breakfast – Scrambled Eggs & Toast
Lunch – Turkey Sandwiches
Dinner – leftover Chicken BBQ, Cheesy Potatoes, Salad
Thursday
Breakfast – Pumpkin Bread
Lunch – Cheesies
Dinner – Lasagna Rolls, Garlic Bread, Salad
Friday
Breakfast – Oatmeal
Lunch – Turkey or PB&J Sandwiches
Dinner – Pizza, Salad
Saturday
Breakfast – French Apple Muffins
Lunch – leftovers
Dinner – Blue Cheese Burgers on Herbed Focaccia Bread, Sweet Broccoli Salad
Sunday
Breakfast – Donuts and Coffee
Lunch – Chicken Noodle Soup
Dinner – Grilled Shrimp & Scallops Supreme

8 comments:
Your menu looks yummy. I wish I was organized enough to even plan out breakfast and lunch! Great job.
Kerri
Your menu looks very yummy.
What a great menu plan -- and you even did breakfast and lunch!
Sounds like a great plan, enjoy!
I hope your shopping went well. I too am impressed that you did all the meals. I'm pushing it to get dinner.
wow, good job!
lasagna rolls sounds interesting...any chance you could post a picture??
also, do you have a recipe for your pumpkin bread and the sweet broccoli salad? :) they are things i have never tried or really even heard of!
Thanks for all of the comments Ladies!
Aussietigger1980 - I will be happy to post a picture of the lasagna rolls. They are a new recipe I'm trying this week so I'll let you know if it's a 'make again'. Pumpkin bread is so yummy! I love to make it in the fall. I'd be happy to share the recipe along with the super easy sweet broccoli salad one too.
Here is the recipe for the Sliders you were asking about:
Sliders
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 C. very cold water
salt and pepper to taste
2 C. chopped onion
2 T. butter
package of 12 dinner rolls
cheese slices if desired
pickles
Saute chopped onion in the butter until translucent. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, mix ground beef, water, salt and pepper.
Use a 2 oz. ice cream scoop and make into 12 balls. Heat a grill on the stove to medium high heat. Lightly spray grill with oil. Wrap the rolls in foil and heat in the oven, for about 8 minutes.
Place the balls on the grill and mash down gently with a spatula. Cook on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn and top with a big spoonful of onions. Add a slice of cheese. Cook for 2 - 3 more minutes.
Slice the warm buns in half and add the beef patties. Top with a pickles.
Enjoy!
Kerri
Post a Comment