Wednesday, October 10, 2007

a few kitchen tips

I love to read kitchen tips and learn better ways to do things. Here are a few I've learned that I thought I'd share while I made chicken noodle soup the other day.

The first one is to freeze chicken broth in icecube trays. Pop them into a freezer bag when they are frozen solid. It's so easy to pull out just the amount you need depending on what you are making and the cubes are so easy to thaw in a hurry.

I'm pretty sure I learned this one from Martha - store your celery tightly wrapped in aluminum foil and it will stay crisp for weeks. It really does work!


A pizza cutter makes cutting noodles a breeze.

A friend gave me this kitchen gadget for Christmas last year. It's called a mezzaluna and I love to use it for chopping fresh herbs. The blade is very sharp and it doesn't bruise the herbs at all and the rocking motion makes for swift work. Very nifty!

For more ideas visit Works for Me Wednesday, hosted by Rocks In My Dryer.

2 comments:

Leaves said...

Thanks for the tips on storing chicken broth. That's brilliant. It seems like I'm always struggling to use my chicken broth. The ice cube trays is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Wow...and you make your own noodles, too?! I've always wanted to try it myself, but never have. Good job!