Today we went on a fun homeschool field trip to a christian radio station in a neighboring town. You'd expect me to have some pictures to show you from it right? Well, when I went to get my camera out of my purse I found only the case. When I got home I found the camera in my knitting bag. I remembered putting it there after I'd snapped a few pictures of Thomas at his last swim meet. I don't know why though!
Anyway the kids had a lot of fun learning how everything works at the radio station and Thomas even got to read the verse of the week on air. Afterwards we all went out for pizza. It is so refreshing to get together with other homeschooling moms and just visit for awhile!
It was totally worth venturing out in the frigid weather. The temperature this morning when we left the house was 20 below zero. It got up to zero later this afternoon. Woohoo! Thankfully it is going to warm up on Sunday and next week looks nice...in the 20's! I can't believe there are still 2 - 3 more months of winter. I say maybe three because our snowiest month last year was April!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Darcy!
Sounds SO much fun! I bet the kids loved it. Maybe next time you will have your camera!
By the way, can you tell me how Scott got your blog to be 3 columns? I am tired of the messiness of mine!
"talk" to you later. :)
~Julie
Wow, I can't believe how cold it is there! It's in the 40's here, we can't keep the snow on the ground to save our lives. We've got some homeschool field trips coming up and I'm so excited to meet some of the other families!
totally cool! i have never been to a radio station place.
Post a Comment