Tuesday, June 10, 2008

talking about closet organization

I always look forward to Talk about Tuesday at The Lazy Organizer blog. She's always got cool stuff to talk about like her sweet new baby girl, her amazing pantry and today she's talking about the baby chicks that are hatching at their house right now. I thought I'd participate today and talk about my organized closet. With Thomas and Elle at grandparents houses for two weeks I was able to tackle several projects around here that were in desparate need of attention.

I really should've took a picture last week. Just imagine an ironing board in the middle of the room with piles of clothes that needed hung up. I've said before on this blog that putting away clothes isn't something I'm good at!

The first thing I did was go through all of our clothes and decided what to keep and what to get rid of. Then I switched all of the winter clothes for the summer clothes. Even though we've only had a handful of days that have even made it into the 70s! I store our off season clothes in two zippered fabric containers under the bed.


This is Scott's side of the closet. Yes, I like to organize clothes by color. It's the OCD in me! As are the wood hangers. What can I say? I'm a firstborn.

This is my side....mostly anyway. Scott's stuff takes over a little of my side. Does anyone else's husband have more clothes than them?! I've got more shoes though! :)

Next week I'll show you the girl's closets. They are more fun than mine!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ooh I love all the wooden hangers. I have been trying to round some up at thrift stores, they are so nice.

Isn't it great having an organized closet? It feels like you can do just about anything after that!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

What a nice big closet with a *window* in it! Natural light!!

~ Sarah

Taylor said...

hey darc, i seperate my clothes my colors too! even my t-shirts :)

Anonymous said...

That looks great. I love that you have a window in there too!

Anonymous said...

I love your closet.

My husband has more clothes than I do also. I don't understand his obsession with t-shirts, especially since he doesn't usually wear them. They just hang there.

Jules said...

I love your closet, too! The window is so great. I wish I were this organized :o(
I really need to be with the new baby coming, I don't know how we are going to pack everyone in our small house!! lol.

Karen said...

Love the closet - and the window in it is awesome. To have natural light would be great. Now there's no way I would share a pic of mine. Hubby and I have separate closets - and mine isn't purty, LOL.

Karen