I've still been menu planning but haven't been posting them to the blog. Scott said that it was always nice to know what we were having though so I'm posting it for him. :) I am trying two new recipes this week. The first is for Monkey bread. It's from my parent's church cookbook so it's gotta be a good one right?! I love church cookbooks because they are full of all the tried and true recipes that are simple and turn out great everytime. The other dish I want to make I am going to try to come up with a recipe for or do some more searching online and hopefully find a good copycat version. It's for the Quesadilla Explosion Salad from Chili's restaurant. We met Scott's parents for lunch there to pick up Thomas and Elle a couple of weekends ago and it was very good. I wrote down everything that I thought was in it on the way home. I think I already have a good portion of it figured out since it reminded me so much of the Corn and Black Bean Salsa I make on a regular basis in the summer. If it turns out, I'll share my recipe!Breakfasts:
Eggs & Toast
Monkey Bread
Oatmeal
Cold Cereal
Blueberry Scones
Lunches:
Leftovers
Sandwiches
Dinners:
Monday - Meatballs, Cheesy Potatoes, Garden Salad
Tuesday - Chicken Spaghetti, Steamed Peas, Fruit
Wednesday - Quesadilla Explosion Salad
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Grilled Shrimp, Beef Kabobs with peppers and mushrooms, Bruschetta
Saturday - Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw, Potato Salad, Raw Veggies
Sunday - Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Potatoe Salad, Fruit
Desserts:
We will be eating this cake for most of the week. It's one of Scott's favorites so I made it for him for Father's Day yesterday.
For more cooking inspiration check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for other blogger's menu plans for the week!

No comments:
Post a Comment