Tuesday, September 25, 2007
one more swim
It was in the 80's here on Sunday so we decided to take the boat out one last time before we bring it in until next year. Thomas and Elle had been playing outside and were hot and sweaty and automatically went and put their swimsuits on when they heard we were going on the boat. I told them that the water was going to be cold but they said it would be fine. They both jumped in without hesitation and quickly realized that Mom knew what she was talking about! Thomas jumped in one more time but Elle jumped in several more times. Each time she'd jump in she'd swim back to the ladder as quickly as she could.


We ate dinner on the porch that night and were talking about how we couldn't believe they jumped in the lake. I asked them if they would jump in again for a dollar. (That's a lot of money to them!) Thomas said, 'Yeah, for a dollar' and Elle said 'of course!' I asked them if they'd do it for a quarter and Thomas said, 'Nope, that's not enough' but Elle said, 'Sure, I'd even do it for a penny!'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
They are so cute...I can't imagine jumping into that water....brrrr!
Post a Comment