Thursday, September 13, 2007

a newsy post

My updates here on the blog have slowed down quite a bit, especially since we started school again last week! I just don't have as much time in my day now that my mornings are spent teaching the kids. Scott has been traveling during the week and I'm tired at end of the day. As soon as the kids are tucked in their beds for the night I usually spend some time getting the kitchen cleaned up and then reading a book and enjoying the peace and quiet for awhile instead of blogging.

It has been chilly here. Tomorrow's high is 49 degrees. Brrr! Thankfully it is going to warm up again though. The leaves are starting to turn and the lawn is scattered with fallen leaves but not near enough to rake for a jumping pile yet. The kids are looking forward to that!

School has been going well. We are trying out a couple of new things this year for cirriculum and are really enjoying them. I like being in a routine again. We are still figuring out exactly what that routine is going to look like but that's ok too. We decided to wait on swimming lessons until after the new year so I have been looking into other activities for the kids to do. We gave Tae Quon-Do a try but it was going to be too big of a time committment and too much running into town for me. For now, we are going to be doing the Wednesday night program that our church offers, Elle is going to be in Daisy Girl Scouts and Thomas is going to join Cub Scouts. They are pretty excited about it.

Well, that is a real quick update to what has been going on around here. I've got the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living sitting here beside the computer that I've been looking forward to reading all afternoon so I'm going to go cuddle up in a blanket and read it for awhile. I'll be back soon with a picture post of some of the projects that the kids have been doing in school!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad your new year is off to a good start. Hope you got to relax & enjoy your magazine this afternoon...that sounds so nice!