Saturday, April 26, 2008

resolution breaker

We are getting more of it! This has been the weirdest spring ever. I'm actually not feeling too bad about it though because it's taking away the guilt of not running the half marathon that I made as my new year's resolution. It was today. Yes, I'm a resolution breaker. My excuse for not doing it? My elliptical runner broke a couple of months ago and I'm not diehard enough to train outside in the freezing cold....like my friends. Way to go Todd, Bob and Kay!


If you look close in this picture you'll see that the lake is getting close to being thawed. We have had springlike weather this past week. I was talking to one of our neighbors who has lived here for a long time and keeps a record of ice out dates. He said that the latest date he has written down is April 28th. I'm pretty sure he will be writing down a later date this year. Lucky us! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darc!! Sunny and 95 today sunny and low to mid 90's the rest of the week! :-)

Darcy said...

Thanks for letting me know that Tim. :) Actually we check the weather in Phoenix almost daily...I guess to depress ourselves. :)

Enjoy it!

Jules said...

I can't believe that you are still getting snow! It has been high 80's here all week and it hit 90 a couple of days with about 80% humidity; it has been SO sticky and miserable. It rained yesterday and today so that cooled it off a little but it will be back to sweltering next week...

Maybe it will warm up for ya'll soon. Can't be much longer. :o)

Taylor said...

dude its depressing isn't it. i wish i could have seen my dad run the marathon. :(