Saturday, January 05, 2008

goals for the new year

This year I decided to not make any 'resolutions' and instead make some goals for the new year. Here they are -

- Work on getting more organized and get better with my time management. I feel like I am always behind on housework and can't get caught up.

- Run this half marathon at the end of April! I was just going to start running again on a regular basis but decided to give this race a try to keep me accountable and motivated. I also thought it would be kind of a cool thing to do before I turn 30 next year.

- Make throw size quilts for the girls beds. I've been gathering shabby chic looking fabric for them for awhile now but have been nervous to actually start on them since I've never quilted anything before.

- Eat dinner as a family at the table more. Most of the time we sit in the barstools around the kitchen island but I always like it better when we take the time to set the table and enjoy the meal together there instead.

Thomas also posted his goals on his blog. I didn't know he did this and just read them tonight. I love #1 on his list - to have his room clean every day before bedtime! #4 on his list - to catch at least 20 fish in the summer. :) So cute!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Those are very sweet goals Darcy! I don't think I would have time to do all of them!!
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

It's like we're reading the same things....goals instead of resolutions is just what I've been heading towards. And it can all start with changing some of our choices we make each day. Exciting what's available to us in 2008! Jan:)

carla said...

Good luck on your goals! I visited your sons blog --- tell him he's done a very fine job!