Monday, January 14, 2008

swimming lessons

We are back in the routine of having swimming lessons for an hour every Monday afternoon. The kids are enjoying it and Elle was so excited to move up a class into the 'big kid' pool this time. She is learning how to dive now and treaded water in the deep end for the first time today. Pretty exciting stuff! Thomas has had a cough and a fever since last Thursday that just won't completely go away so he sat on the bench by Ava and I for this lesson.


It is really warm by the pool so Ava keeps cool by taking off her tights (love those baby legs!) and drinking lots of water. The water bottle keeps her entertained for a long time!

After swimming lessons we ran errands in town and then came home. Ava fell asleep in her carseat on the way home and was tired enough that she laid down when we got home too. Thomas and Elle each found a spot to read some of the books they picked out at the library for awhile in the living room. Before long they were both asleep as well. Mondays wear us out! When they woke up we had a delicious dinner of peanut butter toast, pickles and animal crackers. Seriously. Scott is traveling and I am without a cooktop again this week. The gas line has to be disconnected for the countertops to be removed and replaced. Last week they did the templating so he disconnected it for that and this Thursday they are getting installed. I should be utilizing the crockpot so that I can feed my family healthy, well-balanced meals but I'm just not that organized right now. Hopefully next week I can get back on track with Menu Plan Monday!

By the way, thank you for all of the sweet comments on the bad hair day post. I showed them to Elle and they made her smile. She is getting used to the bangs and thinks she wants to keep them now, for awhile. We might go in and have a stylist cut her hair to a chin length bob with a few more bangs even. I promised her I won't touch her hair with scissors again! :)

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Great shot of your swimmer :)