Thursday, January 03, 2008

new countertops

We decided that 2008 is going to be a year of home improvements for us. The first project we are doing is replacing our formica countertops with granite. Yesterday I picked out the exact slabs that will be used in our kitchen. I was a little overwhelmed at all of the choices but in the end chose the one that is pictured above. It is going to be installed on the 17th and I'm predicting that we will have pie and cut out sugar cookies on the 18th! :) I can't wait to roll out some dough on it!

The other major project we are going to be working on is finishing our basement. We are scrambling to get it all cleaned out and ready to go by the 12th when my dad gets here to start on it. It has been the catch all place for all of the leftover lumber, outdoor furniture and all the other junk we have so this is no small job!

2 comments:

the said...

I, too am getting new counter tops. But, I opted out of granite and am getting Wilsonart instead. Have fun rolling out cookies, I look forward to it, also!!

Happy New Year,
Stephanie

jessica said...

They look great - I'm sure you will enjoy them!