Treasure boxes are my solution for controlling clutter in my kids rooms. My kids are savers. They want to save every hotel key and airline ticket stub Daddy gives them when he travels, Sunday school papers, cereal box toys.....the list goes on, everything is a treasure to them! The latest thing was the foil off of some of the chocolates from Easter that had pictures of cute bunnies. Where to put all of these things was a real issue until I bought a couple of under the bed storage boxes. They now put all of the things that they want to save but that don't have a specific home in their rooms in these boxes. When they get full they will go through them and get rid of anything that is no longer special to them to make room for new stuff. This solution works for them and for their 'thrower awayer' mama! :)For more tips visit Rock in My Dryer!

2 comments:
What a great tip!
Thanks for sharing.
Linda
Love that pic of you blogging in the sunshine.
I am a big believer in throwing away stuff BUT I have a treasure box (I call a memory box) for birthday cards and so forth. I also only let it get full and then I have to declutter.
Post a Comment