Saturday, January 23, 2010

hitting the slopes

We have spent most Monday and Friday afternoons skiing and snowboarding this month.  Actually, I should clarify.  Thomas and Elle are the ones hitting the slopes.  I'm not quite brave enough to put Ava on skis and in a harness to try skiing with me!  I haven't been on skis for a few years so I just don't feel comfortable trying to teach her.  Maybe Scott will give it a try with her sometime this winter.  Thomas and Elle are doing great though and absolutely love getting out there. 

Ava and I spend our time hanging out in the chalet.  We each pack a bag of things to do and the time usually passes pretty quickly.  Yesterday I brought along the personal dvd player and she was happy to be able to watch a movie when she was getting bored with her toys.  She even ended up taking a nap for an hour or so while I held her.  It won't be long and she'll be tagging along with Thomas and Elle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to be able to ski so close to home...or at least I gather it's close to home. We've actually talked about taking a vaca to MN this year. We drove their a few years back for a wedding and were awestruck with how beautiful the state was!!! Great pics!!!

Sandy Held said...

Maybe they'll be in the olmpics someday!!! They look so cute in their gear!!! Love to you all, I am heading for warmer weather so I will talk to you in a couple weeks when we get back. Mom