Thursday, February 05, 2009

chai tea

It's time for Randi's Recipe Box Swap again and this month's theme is fun foods. I'm sharing how to make Chai Tea that tastes just like it's from the coffee shop and is a fraction of the cost! I did not figure this out on my own. My friend, Angie, told me about this a couple of years ago and I've been enjoying it since!

Fill a coffee mug half full of Oregon Chai Matcha Green Tea Concentrate. (Look for this in the organic section of your grocery store. It's sold in a 32 oz carton.)
Fill your mug the rest of the way full with milk.
Heat for a couple of minutes until very warm.
Stir and then place a big dollop of whipped topping on top, sprinkle with a little cinnamon, then enjoy!

7 comments:

Robin said...

I love Chai. Thanks for the recommendation.

Jess @ Just a Blink said...

I am going to try this!

Taylor said...

ya my mom is CRAZY for her chai tea! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I am a big fan of Chai Tea!! Can't wait to try it!

The dB family said...

I stopped by to check out your Chai Tea recipe. (I love Chai tea)!! I think I'll have to try a few more recipes too :o)!

Nicole said...

Yummmm! That looks really, really good!! :)

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite treats even on the Biggest Fat Loser Diet because it is good for you (serving of milk with vitamin D, green tea, and "honey is a most valuable food, which today is not sufficiently appreciated. Its frequent if not daily use is vitally important." (from the website www.honey-health.com)