"A good laugh is like sunshine in the house" - William Makepeace Thackeray
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
baking day
Today my neighbor and I got together and did some Christmas baking. This has become a tradition for us and I always look forward to it. I wish I would've had my camera ready when she walked over to my house because I missed the picture of the day. We have a worn path between our houses and she was braving the freezing cold weather to walk through the snow on it. There was a big snow drift though that you couldn't see until she stepped in it and was almost knee deep in snow with her baking sheets and ingredients in hand. It was pretty funny.
Angie made Peanut Butter Blossoms, Chocolate Revel Bars and my favorite, Sinful Bars. Here is Elle helping me make Special K Bars and Oreo Truffles. I also made some Crispy Sugar Cookies and a new cookie from Martha called Chewy Chocolate Gingersnaps. Scott likes them but they easy for me to pass up with all of the other choices.
Here is the chocolatey face of one of the taste testers. She wasn't happy with me when I took this picture but I can't remember why. I probably was making her sit down on the barstool or else telling her she couldn't have anymore chocolate.
This blog is about my day to day life as a wife to my husband Scott, and mama to our 3 children - Thomas (13), Elle (11) and Ava (6). I love all things domestic - cooking, baking, knitting, and sewing so you will find a little of each here along with lots of pictures of the kids.
5 comments:
how fun to do that w/someone else. i'm going to try those oreo truffles, thanks!
I remember why she wasn't happy... she was dipping her fingers in the finished special K bars, LOL!!!
Yum!!!!!
Wow...you've been busy. Looks delicious!
Wherever did you find that cute apron Elle has on??
Post a Comment