Thursday, October 02, 2008

recipe swap: french bread pizzas

The theme for Randi's Recipe Box Swap this month is lunchtime favorites. We usually eat leftovers, sandwiches or salads for lunch but every now and then I surprise the kids with one of their favorites....French Bread Pizzas. These are usually the requested lunch on their birthdays...they are that good. :)

Cut a loaf of french bread in half lengthwise.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Spread pizza sauce on each half and top with whatever you like. The kids always want cheese and pepperoni, of course!
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes until cheese melts and turns a little brown.
Cut up and serve to your smiling children.
Toss the parchment paper in the trash and clean up is done!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! We used to make pizza with english muffins, but my boys have gotten to big for those---they just eat too much. The french bread will be a great substitute and they can eat alot more. Thanks for posting!

Joy said...

Yum- sounds like something my nieces would love!

Stephanie said...

We eat a lot of pizza around here, actually I just had some for dinner. We never tried this though, thanks for sharing!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I love french bread pizza. When we're out of french bread we use sourdough english muffins.

Sheri said...

That sounds delicious and very simple... I've needed some new ideas lately. Thanks bunches!

Taylor said...

hey my mom makes those all the time!

Brooke said...

My Mom used to make these for me when I was little. She used to cut the pieces small and put them out for snacks during football season. (I grew up in Minnesota, by the way!) I forgot all about this fun way to make pizza. I'm going to do this for my family. They will love it!

Jules said...

My mother-in-law makes these for the grandkids all of the time! They are yummy!

Thanks for sharing these! =)